- What We Do
- Get Involved
Pilgrimage for Indigenous Rights
The Pilgrimage for Indigenous Rights is a response to Jesus call to walk alongside and stand with the marginalized and oppressed in society. In addition, the Truth and Reconciliation Commission has called churches to engage in public dialogue around the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples. We’re responding by doing a 3 week pilgrimage from Kitchener to Ottawa, stopping at 21 churches along the way to explore what the Declaration is, why it’s so important, and how we can collectively live into it.
Funding will help:
- Help walkers to participate who could not otherwise affrod to do so.
- Develop a video documentary to share at learning opportunities in the future.
- Supply a support vehicle, food, and other supports for the walk.
You can get involved:
- make a donation (top right)
- learn more on the Pilgrimage website
- join the Pilgrimage walk
- News stories about the Pilgrimage: